The Senior Director of Creative Services plays a vital role in fulfilling Sandals Church's creative vision. This role requires proficiency in management to lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for Sandals Church's experiences—both physical and digital environments. Primarily, the Senior Director of Creative Services will relate closely with the Executive Leadership team to conceive and implement strategies that amplify the priorities and passions of Sandals Church. This includes developing and leading the staff and teams responsible for creative content and production at weekend services and special events across the organization.
This role is also responsible for keeping Sandals Church's creative elements innovative, intentional, engaging and transformational. All elements should be planned with intentionality and executed with excellence. The Senior Director of Creative Services will be responsible for leading a team that delivers engaging digital and print collateral that tells a compelling story. The successful candidate will work closely with the design, graphic arts and marketing personnel to deliver content consistent with the brand, ethos, and culture at Sandals Church.
Visual (Physical Spaces/Environments and Overall Brand Management)
Production/Technical (Live Audio/Video/Lighting/Stage Design)
Sermon Series (Working closely with Pastor Matt to ideate and implement creative message content)
- Lead the creative vision and ministry of Sandals Church.
- Oversee the Creative Services Staff (see above).
- Build, lead, develop, and shepherd creative team leaders as they lead the teams who execute day to day creative initiatives.
- Manage projects and timelines with the Creative Services Team.
- Lead innovative, engaging creative meetings and translate ideas generated into completed and effective services, events, elements and moments.
- Build and manage a recruitment, oversight and development strategy for teams of volunteers.
- Create, develop, and lead creative teams for special events at Sandals Church.
- Guide and give vision to the creative aspects of weekend gatherings and special events.
- Provide senior oversight for all production teams for weekend services ensuring all technical components of weekend services are well planned and executed. Consistent collaboration with the Worship Arts department is vital.
- Provide senior leadership to stage design, décor and atmosphere for all of Sandals' worship environments and common areas.
- Bring senior oversight to the voice and vision for Sandals' branding and creative “imprint."
- Champion the creative vision for Sandals Church across all departments.
- Participate and give thought leadership to creative services in support of the Sandals Executive team.
- Serve the mission and vision of Sandals under the leadership of the Executive Director of Network services.
- Creativity: A demonstrated ability to invent inspiring ideas for branding, campaigns and messages that drive high levels of engagement.
- Decision-Making Skills: A reliable and consistent pattern of right choices made over time that delivers results.
- Analytical Skills: A mind hard-wired to analyze trends, stay current, and mine the data to determine fresh and effective approaches to ministry in the digital space.
- Interpersonal Skills: A humble confidence that inspires trust across the organization while providing clarity and direction for their teams.
- Management Skills: An understanding of how to manage multiple teams who will fuel the creative engine of Sandals Church.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar leadership role
- Proven success in managing teams
- Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to turn an idea into a visual piece individually or through a team
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, project management tools, and church management software a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing design process
We appreciate your interest in Sandals Church and look forward to learning more about you!